Friday, June 21, 2013

The Rockets Red Glare.

Today Brennan and I had fun putting together a fun project for our Summer decor.

Paper Rockets!
IMG_6726

First we started with some empty paper rolls.
IMG_6681

And some patriotic colored paper and card stock. See it there behind the photobombing 5-year-old?
IMG_6683

Then I just cut the paper to fit the rolls and let Brennan have at it with some modge podge.
IMG_6690

Ta Da!
IMG_6691

To make the caps for the rockets, I cut circles out of the paper. I just traced a cup to get the shape.
IMG_6692

Cut a slit halfway through the circle and shape and glue like so.
IMG_6693

Crafting is always better with some good music.
IMG_6695

Brennan testing out the zoomability of our rockets. As you can see, after the modge podge-ing I lost him to the water sprinklers. He was on a cookie break.
IMG_6697

Hot glue on some sticks. I just used some skewers. Oh, and I forgot to mention, I glued on some ribbon for the sparks.
IMG_6713

"3-2-1 Blast off! Wow, Mom, they zoom even better with the sticks!"
IMG_6718

And there you have it, our fun Fourth of July centerpiece! Does anybody else get the feeling that these rockets will spend more time out of the pitcher than in it? :)
IMG_6724




Here is the link to this picture on pinterest that was the inspiration for our rockets.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails