Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Our Thanksgiving Mantel

I was going to preface my mantel pictures, by saying that our mantel this year is pretty much the same as it was last year and then link to that post...but then I went back and checked, and apparently I was a slacker and didn't do a post about our Thanksgiving mantel last year.  Oops!

While I was checking on that, I also noticed that I jumped the gun and started blogging about Christmas on November 4th.  Aren't you proud of me, we're a third through the month and nary a word about it, even though I have been working on some Christmas craftiness!  (That just means look out come December, haha.)

So, back to our Thanksgiving mantel.

Ta da, here it is!
Thankful Mantel
I made the burlap thankful banner last year with some stuff I had hanging around.  The pilgrim people are the first Thanksgiving decorations we owned!  Jason bought them for me, well, let's just say, a lot of years ago.  I had to give both of them a makeover, Mr. Pilgrim was losing his head, and the Mrs. was showing her age.  A little glue, paint, and sealer, and they are both strong and youthful again.  (If only it worked that way for real, right?)

And here is the bottom.
Thankful Mantel - Pumpkins
Some little homemade fabric pumpkins.

Come back next tomorrow to see the rest of our Thanksgiving goodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails