Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Fun: Ultimate Play Dough

As the title suggests we played with play dough today.  AND if that's not fun enough for you, it was homemade!  It was pretty simple to make.  The hardest part was all the kneading I had to do to get the food coloring mixed in.  Well, that and convincing Brennan that he shouldn't eat it.

Homemade Play Dough
My first batch of homemade play dough.  The recipe says this stuff will last for months if you keep it in the refrigerator.  We'll see.


Play Dough Flower
Brennan really wasn't as much into the play dough as I thought he would be.  I made a flower.


Play Dough Fish
Then I got him to help me make a fish.


Swimming Play Dough Fish
Brennan thought the fish was more like it!  After we got him all stuck together, he had to take him out for a swim! : )

Overall it was a fun project.  Though, I think it took me longer to make the dough than the time we actually played with it.  I will just chock that up to the attention span of a two-year-old.

Here's the recipe for the dough if anyone else wants to try.

The Ultimate Play Dough Recipe

Ingredients:
½ cup salt
1 cup plain flour
2 tbsp cream tartar
1 cup water
1 tbsp oil
Food Coloring

How to:
1. Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
2. Stir over medium-low heat until dough thickens and is hard to stir.
3. As soon as it is cool enough to handle, knead in the food coloring.
4. Store in a well sealed plastic bag or container.
5. Create magnificent doughy sculptures.





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails